Bonjour à tous! On the evening of Friday, May 24th, join French Speakers from all over DC at Beacon Hotel Sky Bar. The rooftop floor of the hotel is reserved for this fun event focused on conversation. DC Language Exchange events are always well attended and are not exclusive to only French. Although we will be in a group together as French speakers, this event is not limited to any language. DC language exchange has members speaking languages from all over the world! I personally have attended their events and met people speaking so many different languages, even sign language! So, if you know someone who uses Duolingo but doesn't have a live event group for their language, feel free to invite them also as the chances they will have a partner to practice at this event are great! Just let me know when you RSVP and be sure to reserve a spot for them. When you come for the event, (which officially begins at 6pm and ends at 10pm) grab a name tag and let everyone know your name and your target language, and native language. General Rules/Info:
1. Event is free to attend and 21+ (bring ID).
2. Be respectful to your counterparts and give them a chance to exchange with others as well.
3. In attendance, there will be native speakers of one or two languages and be willing to help others and try to accommodate as much as possible.
4. If you don't speak the other person's required language, LEAVE THEM ALONE.
5. Rude or aggressive members are removed from the group at an organizers discretion
Closest Metro Station are :
1. Dupont Circle (take 'Dupont South' Exit)
2. Farragut North (take the L Street Exit)
3. Farragut West (take the 17th Street Exit)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Mes amis, à bientôt!