The Carved Cave, a patrimonial jewel with a spectacular view inside the sea. It is an essential excursion in the Valencian community.
The views are spectacular. The possibility of taking a bath at the end of the route means that, despite the heat, it is a recommendable excursion in summer.
Cave: The cave is spectacular, it is about 75 meters wide and 15 meters high. The sea is intensely blue and transparent, which makes the best place to practice snorkelling.
The cave has 5 doors through which the sea enters, forming small pools of cold water since it does not receive the sun’s rays. In the cave you can go through the quarry, seeing the shapes that were left after the extraction of the stone. and Outside the cave offers a spectacular landscape. If the sea is calm you can enjoy the snorkel, seeing a great variety of fish.
Hiking Route: The route is 1 hour one hour one way and the time in the cave. The route is beautiful, bordering the sea to the cave, with unbeatable views of the Mediterranean. This route with children is not recommended, since the end of the route is a little complicated.
Time: 1 hour (one way) (plus visiting time in the cave).
Distance: a little less 2 kms. (Going)
Altitude: 120 meters (Torre del Gerro
TIPS TO GO TO CAVE
– Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat.
– Very important, bring water
– You must wear appropriate shoes to go on toe mountain and to get into the water.
– bring food and drinks (in backpack and not in the fridge) in the area there are no services.
– If you want to discover the inside of the cave do not forget the flashlight or frontal.
– Bring snorkel material to snorkel:
– If you want to take pictures, take a waterproof camera or a waterproof case
– Super important, carry an unused garbage bag, before leaving the cave, please clean it, we will collect our garbage and help the nature cleaning the other garbage if we find from other people.
9:30: Meet in Plaza Honduras in front of Bigben.
After a break, Start of the route to the cave, which lasts about 1 hour and a half.
We will enjoy the cave, snorkel, views, food and drinks etc … Free time.
6:30: Back to Beach
8:30-9:00 pm: back in Valencia
Max capacity: 55.
Price (Bus + The Hiking trail + our organization + insurance): 18 euros
Note: Those below 18 must come with an accompanying adult.