This is our weekly meet up. ALL levels are welcome. If you're a beginner or intermediate, needing more practice speaking, come practice what you've learned. If you're shy in general and even shyer when speaking Japanese, this friendly group will help you open up. If you've never studied Japanese before, we'll teach you a few phrases and maybe more. You can ask as many questions as you like so bring your notepad and pens. Come speak Japanese all you want! Join us on our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/The-Austin-Japanese-Speakers-1762024690739795/).
Mr. Natural (https://www.facebook.com/MrNaturalSoLa/) has a wide selection of yummy vegetarian/vegan food. If you aren't hungry, there's no need to purchase food items. However, the restaurant asks us that each one of us purchase at least one small item such as a beverage. And, of course, no outside food/drinks allowed.
Quick Study Guides For The Beginners
• Textbook for conversational Japanese (https://tinyurl.com/y7rot6yl)
• Learn How To Write Hiragana & Katakana (https://japanesefordogs.com/hiragana-katakana-writing-practice/)
• Common Questions & Statements At The Meeting:
1. "I am (your name)." *Literally meaning, "It is ( )."
＝ ( ) です。
2. Nice to meet you.
＝ はじめまして。よろしく おねがいします。
3. I like ( ).
＝ [わたしは] ( ) が すき です。
3. So, how long have you been studying Japanese?
＝ どのぐらい にほんごを べんきょうして いるんですか？
4. I've been studying Japanese for ( ).
＝ (Duration of time) にほんごを べんきょうして います。
5. So, how have you been studying Japanese?
＝ どうやって にほんごを べんきょうして いるんですか？
6. What did you do this (past) week?
＝ こんしゅう なに[を] しましたか？
Global AmbassadorView Profile